QueerVadis Diversity&Inclusion Protocol
QV Certified Business are travel companies that have adopted our Diversity & Inclusion Protocol, joined the Aitgl’s Ethic Code, meeting the highest standards of verified diversity and inclusion performance.
Our protocol help companies to assess gaps between policy and culture in interactions with the Lgbtq+ community.
The ‘Queervadis Certification’ is a professional validation for all travel companies wanting to be acknowledged as ‘LGBTQ-friendly’, for their specific care to the LGBTQ+ target and employees.
Validated by RINA (international certification body), it states the basics for marketing, communication and diversity management to include and not discriminate any diversity, with a specific focus on gender equality for the LGBTQ+ traveller. Here the validation certificate.
We ask companies to widespread good inclusive policies amongst their suppliers, in order to identify a virtuous supply chain. This means to be able and ready to bounce back suppliers who do not align with the Queervadis Protocol criteria for the specific segment. This is a key point to inspire both. the creation of a more inclusive workforce and also the emotional wellbeing of employees.joi
Our Diversity & Inclusion Protocol is validated by
The Protocol Validation Process conducted by RINA's Team
The Queervadis D&I Protocol features three levels of certification in compliance with the company engagement in supporting/promoting LGBTQ+ inclusiveness.
The Aitgl Ethic Code
People operating in the travel industry (including entertainment and events), who are interested in the Protocol D&I, are asked to supply specific accountability about:
b) entrepreneurial ethics;
In order to measure each of the above- mentioned criteria, the following indicators are in use:
a) For expertise:
- To demonstrate expertise in the LGBTQ+ travel market;
- To know the LGBTQ+ traveler’s expectations;
- Guarantee skilled staff with specific training in LGBTQ+ travel
- Customize products/services in compliance with the LGBTQ+ travelers’ expectations.
b) Entrepreneurial ethics:
- Do not discriminate LGBTQ+ guests and guarantee the same treatment as for straight guests and supervise the staff being respectful towards them;
- Respect and protect the guests’ privacy in compliance with national laws;
- Commitment to possibly enroll LGBTQ+ staff;
- Do not promote destinations harassing the LGBTQ+ community.
- Adopt ethic, social communication and marketing strategies;
- Openly support the LGBTQ+ community;
- Extend to LGBTQ+ staff and their families the same welfare treatment in use for straight staff.